At The Beautiful Project, we offer writing and photography workshops, conversations and trainings that support the ability of Black women and girls to create and express themselves using writing, photography and care.
Arts & Activism Youth Apprenticeship
Whether it’s the way you style your hair, your fashion, your words, your body, your music, your passions—whatever it is— we know that every Black girl deserves the freedom to be Your Full Self. Unapologetically
The Beautiful Project is excited to announce our second apprenticeship program for youth! This virtual experience is designed for Black girls ages 14-18 who live or attend school in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, or Cary).
Our fall apprenticeship provides an opportunity for Black girl creatives who are interested in using art to positively impact the wellness and representation of Black girls and women.
In this program, you can expect to:
- Participate in weekly virtual training sessions and monthly in-person events
- Define how you want to uniquely show up and impact the world
- Learn creative practices to strengthen your voice, power, and art
- Develop caring relationships with other Black girl and women creatives
- Receive mentorship from Black women creatives in a variety of professions
- Engage in arts-based activist research and action to positively impact Black girls
For more information: Arts & Activism Youth Apprenticeship Overview
Applications are due June 11th, 2021.
Connect, Explore, Discover, Discuss.
Maya’s Room is a space for Black women writers to connect, explore, discover, discuss, and write at our home base in Durham, North Carolina. Subscribe to our mailing list below for more information on Maya’s room, upcoming events, and workshops!
In 2020 our audiences should look forward to the opportunity to be involved in our learning studios, summer programs for girls, exhibitions and so much more! Stay updated with The Beautiful Project by joining our mailing list.