The Beautiful Project’s mission is to build voice and power for Black women and girls to contribute to conversations that too often happen about us, without us. Through photography, writing, and care, we collectively build and utilize our voice and power to advance the representational justice and wellness of Black women and girls.
We are looking for a Storytelling Strategist with experience around content production, creative strategy, and digital media management. The Storytelling Strategist will be instrumental in developing and implementing TBP’s digital media strategy in a creative way that aligns with our brand, voice, and impact. Likewise, they will strategize and strengthen the brand and online presence of TBP.
JOB TYPE: Part time Contract/6 months/40 hrs per month
STIPEND: $720 per month ($4320 total)
START DATE: 4/26/2021 END DATE: 10/26/2021 (potential to renew)
LOCATION: Remote (Although Durham, NC area is preferred)
- Thoughtful work environment that values Balance, Family, Ambition, Spirituality, Wellness and Culture
- Flexible work hours
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, implement and manage our social media content strategy
- Advance our presence, impact and community on social media platforms (priority on instagram)
- Publish creative content (text, image, and video) consistently that adheres to the content schedule plan on a weekly basis
- Manage schedule for blog and email lists
- Maintain website maintenance
- Work closely with the Creative team members to develop and implement impactful ways to attract a wider audience & promote our brand
- Monitor audience reach, analytics, and maintain audience engagement
- You have excellent relationship building, project management, communication, and collaboration skills.
- You have a passion for the mission of The Beautiful Project and the desire to produce stories and content about Black girls and women
- You have resonance with Black feminist thought
- You have experience working with start-ups, nonprofits and small businesses.
- You’re able to work independently, handling multiple tasks and completing assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- You are an excellent communicator, writer, and storyteller
- You must have a creative eye, be highly organized, and have a strong understanding of composition, design, and aesthetic
- You have a working knowledge of photography, videography, editing and design skills
- You have a background in journalism and/or content creation, and an understanding of video across all social platforms
- You have a solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics
- You have proven experience in creative digital production, web presence and social media implementation.